I’m feeling a little bit better now. At least the flu is getting better but the economy is still making me feel a bit nauseated. Right now, I feel like Paid Twice does and not really sure if I think the bailout might actually help or will just hurt it more. I’ve seen excellent arguments both ways. But I do agree with Being Frugal that some good could come out of this. People have survived a lot of bad times and even thrived. I’m worried, but I think we can make it out of this. Solid financial decisions are solid decisions in most contexts.
- Kelly from Almost Frugal outlines how to make your own laptop case. I’ve made similar laptop cases, they’re pretty easy.
- Pinyo at Moolanomy gives you the scoop on where to sell used books and textbooks.
- Randall of Credit Withdrawal did a great spoof of Ben Bernanke in a Monty Python context. A little humor for a stressful time
- David of the Good Human gives us the scoop on shipping containers being turned into inexpensive homes. Sounds awesome. It would definitely need proper ventilation, but it makes sense.
- During these tough times, bripblap says that we should practice self-sufficiency instead of just frugality.
- Patrick of Cash Money Life reviews and compares Blockbuster and Netflix
- Fathersez did a great post on how to evaluate sunk costs. It’s important not to get caught up in the money you’ve already sunk in something unless it’s actually worth something to you now.