Before the post, if you want to hang out with Mrs. Micah online, follow my Twitter account here: http://twitter.com/mrsmicah I’ve been twittering a lot more lately. 🙂
Fun times in DC last night as I got to meet up with various local PF bloggers. Some, like Mapgirl and Cleverdude, I’d met before. Plonkee couldn’t fly over from England a second time (why not!). And I got to meet a bunch of new people (not necessarily new to blogging, but new faces). Can PF bloggers do math? Well in the end…but figuring out the bill, tax, and tip for 8 people (James paid on his own) is complicated. It all worked out quite nicely.
We went to an Irish pub and sat at a long table. We spent 2 hours and 55 minutes chatting before realizing that it was almost 9 and we should all go home. Here’s the who’s who!
- HC from One Big Mortarboard I forgot to add for some reason even though I was sitting across from her all night. I guess I just assumed I’d put her in. 🙂 Anyway, she was quite fun to talk with.
- DH from Debt Hater is about to get rid of the credit card part of the debt she so hates. Unfortunately, that wasn’t enough to buy a round of drinks. 😉 (good spending decisions, I approve!)
- J from Budgets are Sexy seems like a cool dude. He’s certainly got a good message…budgets don’t have to suck.
- James from DINKS Finance was at the other end of the table, so I really didn’t to talk to him, but he seemed nice.
- Jaylin from You Are Not Your Wallet gave me a great recommendation for an Ethiopian restaurant. So now we have a dilemma…go to the one she recommended or Clever Dude’s favorite or get a recommendation from Deepali. Maybe all of them spread out over a year or two?
- Donna Jean from The Weight of Money also sat at the other end of the table, but seemed cool. 🙂
- Mapgirl from Mapgirl’s Fiscal Challenge organized the event. I’d met her before, but it was great to see her again. Right now she’s battling a destroyed bathroom…should be more updates on her site soon.
- Mike from Clever Dude went to the Papal mass this morning. I’m looking forward to hearing about it.
If any of y’all come up DC way, let me know. I enjoy meeting up with bloggers…it feels like meeting coworkers.