And it’s carnival roundup time! 🙂
The mother of all carnivals, the Carnival of Personal Finance was at Four-Pillars this week. While I wasn’t a “top hoser,” my article on hiding money from an abusive husband or wife was apparently a “best skater.” Some other good ones:
- Paid Twice tells us why she loves her prepaid cell phone. They’re looking more and more appealing.
- No Debt Plan looks over the odds of winning the lottery. Can you guess whether he’ll play it?
Then Green Panda hosted the Festival of Frugality in her treehouse. My frugal feminine products (esp. diva cup) post made the cut. Other fun reads:
- Small Cents (now Almost Frugal) has discovered frugal foods her kids will eat. It’s not frugal unless you use it, after all!
- Broke Grad Student lists alternatives to buying new textbooks at bookstore prices. The bookstore can be a huge money-suck.
While not exactly about finance, the Make It From Scratch carnival has provided me with a lot of good ideas. You can find this week’s edition at the Pajama Mommy Community. It has more than recipes, but those are normally my favorite. Check out:
- Homemade Cream of Mushroom Soup at One Child Policy Homeschool. Look, ma, no garlic! (or is cream of mushroom normally safe anyway?)
- This fella makes pancakes with such purpose….and they look delicious. Good recipe if you’re looking to make your own. Mm…pancakes!
- Sound Money Matters had a breakthrough with her husband! It’s so much easier having a willing participant than doing your best because you can’t go all in.
- Wooly Woman explains why she didn’t jump on the RSSP (think 401(k)) bandwagon. It may be right for some people but not them right now. Everyone has their own financial needs and priorities.
Well that’s all for now folks. For hundreds of other good articles, check out the carnivals themselves!