So, a crazy good week. Check out The Finwikian if you haven’t already! 🙂 Also, last week the Money Matters for All Ages group project was released as a free eBook. You can download it here. My work on The Finwikian kept me from posting about it then.
And to go with my good week, here’s some good posts from around the blogosphere:
- Make Love Not Debt warns that renting things for your wedding may not be cheaper than buying. It’s always important to compare actual prices instead of making assumptions. Now, you might not be able to resell it…take that into consideration. But you might be able to sell it or to make someone love you by giving/lending it to friends for their wedding. 😉
- Catherine Lawson reminds us that business successes only a deathbed away. In the same way, whether our goal is to be successful in business, blogging, paying off debt, etc, we have to remember that at some point we’ll be on our deathbeds. My Bedstemor (aunt’s mother-in-law) died on Tuesday, which brings this home. She lived a good, long life, but her daughter passed away from cancer long before her time. Catherine suggests we think a little bit about what we’d wish if we were on our deathbeds.
- RacerX made an important connection for his daughter when she asked why they weren’t going to the mall. They’re breaking the patterns which got them into debt, which feels a little strange. I think they’re on the right track and one which will leave them with fewer regrets all throughout life.
- and Single Ma weighed in on my posts about hiding money from abusive spouses. Abuse makes her angry, as well it should. I only hope that by publicizing this content, she and I and all those who link to it will be able to help a few more women with their escapes.
And since I joined the M-Network this week, here’s a roundup of some of their best stuff!
- Lynnae at Being Frugal outlines how to make a budget. That’s about how we did it too!
- Gibble used MyPoints rewards to dine out with his wife. An excellent use, free date nights are great.
- On the other hand, Paid Twice almost used her MyPoints for less than they’re worth. Is it ok because it’s free, or should she get her money’s worth? I’d say it depends on what she needs.
- The Dough Rollar gives us the 7 Habits of Wealth. Wealthy people aren’t cheap but they’re not big spenders either. Check these out. 🙂
- David at My Two Dollars presents the Story of Stuff. Do you know where your trash goes? It’s pretty scary.
- Plonkee writes on working after retirement. I plan to do something after retirement so I won’t be horribly bored.
- Pinyo has 40 alternative income ideas and resources. There’s probably something in there you can use!
- Single Guy Money reminds us to always do our own research when investing. I don’t know if I’d ever be confident enough with myself to research specific stocks. Funds are hard enough.
- And Patrick is doing a week of freebies on Cash Money Life. So keep checking back!
That’s it for now everyone. Have a great weekend and such (yes, I know it’s Friday, but Tues and Fri are my weekend days) and of course look for more great content from Mrs. Micah um, I guess on Friday afternoon. Not very climactic. 😉