Fabulously Broke, one of my many blogging friends, has just started an online closet cleanout sale here. In the spirit of Sophie Kinsella’s Shopaholic, she’s selling her unused and unneeded clothes to make money to pay down debt. Brilliant, I must say. This is a chance to get some nice stuff at bargain prices.

Where does the money go?

15% will go to the Canadian Cancer Society. FB’s family has been hit pretty hard by cancer in the last year. The other 85% will snowflake into her debt snowball.

Some background:

In a little bit over a year, FB has paid down over $25,000 in debt. And she’s on target to pay the rest off by this coming September. Every little clothing snowflake helps.

Other info:

Pet-free, smoke-free home. Her contact info is up so that you can ask as many questions as you like about the item. Ships worldwide from Canada. Purchases through Paypal for everyone’s convenience.

I’m not sure if prices are in USD or not, but as of February 27, 2008 (when I’m writing this) $1 Canadian = $1.01 US. So basically they’re the same. Click here to check the current exchange rate.

I’m a big fan of debt repayment, so I wish her well in this. If you happen to be the same size, you might want to bookmark it or subscribe to see just what goes up.

Best of luck, FB!

{ 2 comments… read them below or add one }

RacerX February 28, 2008 at 7:02 pm

Great idea and very noble cause! Hope she sells completely out!

Amy March 2, 2008 at 7:23 pm

Oh, if only I had smaller feet! But I don’t think I could squeeze my size 10 that small. That’s a great idea…I might try that myself!

Leave a Comment

WordPress Admin