One of my favorite sections of this week’s Carnival of Personal Finance was about credit cards. You see, there was a credit card duel/debate going on between Madison of My Dollar Plan and Ana of DebtFREE-Revolution.
I hope it’s ok with them if I link to all the posts because I think they’re awesome. In fact, there was more than just a little debating going on. I just wish we could have actually put them in the carnival, but I’ll put them here.
- Great Credit Card Debate Off to An Early Start! @ My Dollar Plan
- Dirty Credit Card Company Tricks @ DebtFREE-Revolution
- 25 Reasons to Love Credit Cards @ My Dollar Plan
- Way Credit Card Companies Separate You From Your Money @ DebtFREE-Revolution
- Responses to Ways Credit Card Companies Separate You From Your Money @ My Dollar Plan
- Can You Really Win With Credit Cards @ DebtFREE-Revolution
- Don’t Hate the Credit Card @ My Dollar Plan
Sorry, Madison, in the end I think Ana won. Credit cards certainly have the potential to be useful tools. But I think she made some excellent points about the ways in which credit card companies seem particularly out to get every last cent.
A great illustration of this was Lynnae’s experience that same week, where she had been using a 0% card and paying it responsibly. Unfortunately it didn’t work out well: